Sunday, October 18, 2009

Points of View

The second installment of how my views have changed now that I'm a mother.

1. My view of Motherhood. My view of motherhood is very different looking from the view of a mother. When I only had the other side, meaning from the view of child, I could never know how much my mother felt for me. She and I have always been great friends and close but until I had a child of my own I had no idea how much I could love and how vulnerable I could be. Who ever said motherhood is like having your heart walking around outside of your body, was so right.


2. My view of poopy diapers. Prior to Alyanna I had only changed a few poopy diapers and I can vividly remember every one of those. All, were "traumatic" experiences. Now I find myself not bothered by poopy diapers...they are what they are. I still would prefer someone else change them, but they really aren't that bad.


3. My view on what is and is not a necessity. Not too long ago getting my hair done, nails done, eyebrows waxed, etc. were necessities. Now, I'm lucky to get my teeth brushed. A necessity to me now, are things like my pump. Mine recently crapped out on me, I bought it used so what could I expect. This prompted an unexpected $379 expense for a new one that day. There was no way I could make it through the next day at work without it.




Stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

Mommy X October 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Isn't it amazing how our perspectives totally change...and that we are totally cool with it?

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too November 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

It's amazing how quickly your views change when you have a child! Even more amazing, is that we're okay with it!