Sunday, July 12, 2009

Six Minutes


I am reviewing my billible time for last week and started reflecting on the billible hour. A good portion of my day is divided into 6 minute increments. You may ask what can you possibly get done in 6 minutes? The answer is very little but I still must account for each and every 6 minutes. The life of being a slave to the billible hour. It's better for my clients...there are some attorneys who bill in 15 minute increments, so if what I'm doing takes 18 minutes then my client is billed a 0.3 hr, if I billed in 15 minute increments that 18 minutes would be billed at a 0.5 hr. I know it sounds like I'm splitting hairs but it adds up. It's just that having to account for every 6 minutes can at times be somewhat overwhelming, but its how I get paid so it is a necessary evil. There are some days I just wish I could get the task done and not worry about how many minutes it took.

0 comments: